New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

Another of the many reasons "Why I do it."

Hello Ira,

First of all, I want to send you a great big THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for creating GlassyEyes!

The information you've gathered, the experiences you've shared, and the spirit you've fostered, have not only saved me money, but have made a difference in my life.

I'm in my fifties, and have been myopic since childhood. In my twenties, I had surgery for detached retina in one eye, so I have a somewhat unusual prescription that many opticians call 'difficult.'

I have been dissatisfied my whole life with the service I've received from opticians. One look at my prescription, and they steer me to the ugliest frames in the store. Every detail is a pitched battle.

My beef with conventional opticians is not only all the abuses that you chronicle so well, but an entrenched, patronizing attitude toward the very people they exploiting, rather than serving.

I ordered from Frames Direct before I discovered your site, and the results were good. I was able to get very good high-index lenses for substantially less than through my local shops, and without the annoyance and attitude.

But with what I've learned from GlassyEyes, I've created a whole wardrobe of great glasses. :-))

Now, I even have rimless titanium glasses, which all the local opticians insisted were impossible for me, that 39dollarglasses made, flawlessly and brilliantly. They're my current favorites, and the ones I get the most compliments on.

As we all know, the right glasses for the right occasion make a huge difference in how people treat you. Of course, just liking what you see in the mirror before you leave in the morning, for once, makes a huge difference, too.

I hope this message puts a smile on your face, too, now, and every time you see your reflection again in a drugstore window, because you know how much you've done for so many of us!

With warmest regards,
E.V.S.


Thank YOU. I appreciate the kind words from you and everyone else who writes the emails I get to read while I eat my oatmeal each morning. I rarely start the day in a bad mood!


Related Posts and Links:



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

3 comments:

At March 6, 2009 at 11:14 PM Anonymous said...

I just got my glasses from Goggles4U today! I'm very pleased with them and I want to thank you and your blog for all the great recommendations you give!

 
At March 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM Anonymous said...

Sorry I am a new reader, but I was wondering how do you get replacement lens if you just want to keep the frames?

 
At March 11, 2009 at 9:36 AM Ira said...

@anonymous,

I've had three pair of glasses lensed or "relensed" at 39DollarGlasses. Here is a link to the post on the first pair I did:
http://glassyeyes.blogspot.com/2008/03/re-lensed-excellent-results-from-39.html

I still wear these all the time and they've held up beautifully.

I've also had a pair done with the standard lenses and was very happy with the results.

 

Post a Comment