New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!


Albert, at Optical4Less sent me an email noting a new frame on the site. Wow. I've always liked bolder frames so rimless isn't typically a route I travel. For those looking for a cleaner, more transparent look, they're a great option... and then there is the target market for these. Look below! They're GLOW-IN-THE-DARK.

Kind of "bulky" for rimless frames. "Bold" dare I say? Not that you'd probably wear these to a black-tie affair (or to the candlelight Christmas service), but I think there is a place in my glasses wardrobe for these.

Fireworks? Rave? Halloween party? Late night jog around the block? For a little extra light in case of a power failure?

I'll have to remember to carry some GlassyEyes cards with me when I wear these at night. You're asking yourself, "Ira? Are you seriously considering these?" Absolutely, I'm consideringI've ordered a pair of these "glow-in-the-dork-dark" beauties. Certainly something I DON'T already have -- and a stark contrast to my first pair of rimless frames.

Chime in! Where else are you in need of a little light (or attention)?



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

8 comments:

At August 29, 2008 at 10:49 AM Maria Stahl said...

Dorky, yes, but fun. :o)

Not sure I would be happy with the late-night jogging idea, though. Wouldn't that mess up your night vision, having glowing thingies all around your eyes? Drivers/other joggers/muggers might see YOU, but you might never see THEM.

 
At August 29, 2008 at 11:14 AM Anonymous said...

OMG.
THOSE. ARE. AWESOME.

 
At August 29, 2008 at 11:24 AM Daniel said...

Those frames are so cool. As soon as I can, I'm going to order them!

 
At August 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM Happy Steve said...

Hmm, it's getting close to the end of the year for me. I think it's time for another pair of awesomely cheap glasses. :)

 
At August 30, 2008 at 8:22 PM DiscoBubba said...

The only way these could get better is if they make full plastic (no rimless) versions! I am so getting these tho.

Thanks again Ira!

 
At September 1, 2008 at 12:53 PM Anonymous said...

i'm showing my age, but finding my glasses in the middle of the night?

no more fumbling around in the dark.

 
At September 1, 2008 at 12:55 PM Unknown said...

i'm showing my age .. but having spent many a middle of the night fumbling around to find my glasses ...

end of problem

 
At September 2, 2008 at 12:03 PM Anonymous said...

guys, guys, you are all too young. Those of us old geezers regularly get up in the middle of the night and don't want to wake our spouses fumbling in the dark for our glasses.

Voila! glow in the dark glasses!

problem solved!

 

Post a Comment