New to Online Eyeglasses? Click Here!
Ongoing: Click here for 15%-off EVERY ORDER at EyeBuyDirect This is the best ongoing deal on the internet for EyeBuyDirect!
Goggles4U drops prices, drops additional discount codes. People are concerned, but this is still one of the best places to buy online. Link!

After seeing Dean and having him read all of the previous posts over the Memorial Day holidays, he chose the Moscow frame with the CR-39 Transitions® Sola® lenses. I've got a degree in English (not Math or Finance), so after I prepared to call in my order -- more about that later -- I was surprised and a bit worried I'd forgotten something when the price came to $174 rather than the $209 I was expecting.

I talked to Dean a bit about the price, concerned that it might be too much and he replied, "They'd run me between $500 and $600 in Alexandria." I've become so used to prices in the sub-$50 range with my single vision prescription, I needed a bit of a reality check it seems. He was thrilled with the price. [Ed. Note: Alexandria is a wonderful town in the heart of lakes country in Minnesota].

So I got his information and placed the order on Monday. I had to call, because the 39DollarGlasses ordering system doesn't allow for a prism to be entered. This is a disappointment for me as Optical4Less' system handles it nicely.

I spoke with Lauren, who took the information and entered into the system. I got an order confirmation email immediately which did not include the type of lens I ordered or the Prism. She said it might not show up correctly, so I wasn't worried. I did however use their contact system to verify that they were indeed included in the order. I got a response within a few hours confirming.

They need to upgrade the order system a bit for my liking.

I received an additional email yesterday stating that they'd be shipping within 2 to 4 business days. I'll let you know how they work out, next week -- through Dean's eyes.



Before you go, sign up for my feed! If you have a feed reader, sign up by clicking here, or enter your email address in the box below to start getting GlassyEyes posts delivered to your inbox. You'll never get any spam, and each email includes an unsubscribe link (that really works!). Thanks!

4 comments:

At June 4, 2008 at 11:34 PM Anonymous said...

What do you mean by a prism? On my scrip, the dr. wrote on the OS line 1/2 with an arrow pointed up, is this the prism?

 
At June 5, 2008 at 8:25 PM Marko said...

Yes, that sounds like Right 1 prism up, Left 2 prism up.

 
At August 28, 2008 at 8:50 AM Anonymous said...

how does uncle dean like his glasses? inquiring minds want to know!

susan in columbus

 
At August 28, 2008 at 10:01 AM Ira said...

They turned out perfectly. He had his eyedoctor adjust the nose pads (he's not the biggest DIYer I know). I thought I wrote that up! Did I miss it? Checking...

Thanks Susan!

 

Post a Comment